GVA-DC will be celebrating Dia de los Muertos on
Wednesday, November 1st.
- We will have 2 short assemblies at 8:45 am and 10:00 am.
- Assemblies will feature Mexican dancers and students from Ms. Yoli's 2nd grade class describing the history of Dia de los Muertos and the significance of the altar.
- Students are encouraged to bring offerings (flowers, fruit...) and pictures of pets or relatives that have passed away to place on the altar. Please label the back of photos with your child's first and last name and AM teacher so that they can be returned!
- Wednesday, November 1st is a FREE DRESS day! Students are encouraged to dress in cultural clothing!
If parents would like to:
- Donate flowers or fresh fruit in small baskets (please bring items in to the front office on Oct 31st)
- Assist with face painting on November 1st from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm
- Donate traditional Mexican food samples on November 1st
- Sign Up Here