Cross Country is the only sport offered for the fall season.
- This sport is offered for boys and girls in 5th, 6th, and 7th grades.
- Cross Country is a Co-ed running team that competes against other schools over an outdoor terrain consisting of 1 to 2 miles.
- The fall season will begin with an “Interest Practice” for those who are interested and for those who are unsure or would like to get a feel for the sport. This is a non-fee offering.
- The Interest practices will be held after school on both Monday, August 20th and Wednesday, August 22nd. Practice will be from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm on both days. The athletes will meet with Coach Erickson in the P.e Room. Please make sure all athletes come with proper attire for running activities.
- The season officially starts Monday, August 27th.
- Parents and athletes are required to read, print, and sign the 3 forms posted on the Middle School Athletics website. The forms that must be turned in are Code of Conduct, the Sports Physical, and a Waiver/Liability form. These forms must be turned in prior the first official practice in order to participate.
- There is a fee of $85 per sport, per athlete. Register online here.
- Cross Country registration deadline is Wednesday, September 5th.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wednesday, September 5th, at 5:00 pm in the PE room.
- The first official practice will be held on Monday, August 27th.
- Practices will be held every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday after school from 3:30 to 5:00 pm at our school and will meet Coach Erickson in the PE room.
- Our school will be competing against many other charter schools in the Aurora/Denver area. Each meet will take place at Vanguard Classical School in Lowry which is approximately 29 minutes from our school. The address is 801 Yosemite St. Denver, CO.
- All meets will start at 5:15 pm.
- Athletes are expected to arrive fully prepared 30 minutes before the start time for proper warm-up and team huddles.
- September 12th (1 mile)
- September 19th (1 mile)
- October 3rd (2 miles)
- October 10th (2 miles)
- Final Meet (TBA)
ADSL requires that two parents from each school volunteer to direct/supervise runners during their races on race days. Please choose a day that works for you!
- Athletes will be asked their t-shirt size and will be given a uniform prior to the first race.
- Uniforms must be worn only on race day.
- Please wear proper attire and be prepared on race days (water, snack, running shoes, shorts, light jacket, sweatshirts, etc.)
- Athletes may only be transported via parents and/or family member to and from the race.
- Teachers and Coaches are not permitted to transport any athlete.
- If parents wish to carpool, parents must fill out and sign the Carpool approval form provided by Ms. Erickson either prior or post race.
- Parents and guardians may also use this form for practices. On race day, a sign-out form will be passed around for signatures to verify parents are taking their athlete home.
- Please read through the GVA-DC parent/student handbook.
- This handbook contains important information on the code of conduct, behavioral expectations, sportsmanship, student eligibility, the 24-hour rule, chain of communication, and our athletic standards here at GVA.