Interested in Being a Part of the BOD?
GVA Board of Directors Objectives
The objectives of the GVA Board of Directors are as follows:
- To ensure that the Mission Statement and Operating Contract between GVA and the Authorizing Public School District are adhered to in all activities and decisions of the Board, staff, students, parents, and GVA advisory committees. Trustees of GVA will respond to the School Accountability Committee of Global Village Academy, whose members will report directly to the board of directors in giving advice for the ongoing development of the school.
- To serve as the final authority in matters affecting staffing, budget, curriculum, calendar decisions, and GVA and/or Global Village Academy concerns, and to ensure that these are consistent with and promote the educational goals of the Mission Statement, Operating Contract, and official GVA policy.
- To encourage faculty, parents, and students to be aware and responsive to the needs and concerns of Global Village Academy as a whole, and of the unique learning styles, challenges, and talents of individual students.
- Act as the official voice of Global Village Academy with regard to public information, media contacts, and public relations.
- To adopt policies and procedures which will govern Global Village Academy. These policies and procedures will adhere to the Mission Statement.
- To collaborate with the Global Village Academy Collaboration for the mutual benefit of all campuses.
Positions are appointed. Email the application to [email protected].