Douglas County School District Nutrition Services is excited to have the opportunity to work with the Global Village Academy community! We are committed to providing the highest quality meals for your child. We also work to create an environment where your child can learn to make healthy decisions that lead to a healthy life.
School meals are important to your child because they help develop sound nutritional habits by exposing students to a variety of foods.
- We offer many food choices and provide healthful fruits and vegetables daily.
- In addition, the well-nourished student has better attendance, is more attentive, better behaved and has an increased energy level.
- All of these elements are tied to academic success.
School Meals are Safe
Food safety is our first and foremost concern. We have implemented a Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Program throughout the District to reduce the chance of a food-borne illness event. Temperatures of all food products are monitored throughout production and service.
School Meals are Nutritious
- School meals contain 30 percent or less of total calories from fat, less than 10 percent total calories from saturated fat, and 35 percent or less of total calories from sugar.
School Meals are Balanced
- Every day, students choose their meals from a variety of fresh fruits and fresh vegetables, whole-grain breads and cereals, lean meats, and low-fat dairy products.
- Each school has a Harvest Bar which features a variety of fresh produce in season.
Parents are welcome!
We invite our parents and families to come and see how school lunch has changed.
- Parents are always welcome!
- We are proud of our program and our hard-working employees and we encourage you to eat with your child.
- DCSD Nutrition Services invites all parents to have lunch with their children at any time during the school year.
- The cost is just $3.50 for an adult meal without milk; with milk the price is $4.25.
- We hope to see you soon!
- Myschoolbucks is an online payment portal especially designed to allow parents to make quick and easy online payments to their children's school accounts.
- The system allows parents to manage their children's lunch accounts quickly and easily.
- School lunch price for students is $2.85.
- Pay with a Credit Card
- Check Your Child's Account Balance
- See What Your Child is Eating
- Receive Account Balance Alerts
- Much More...Sign up today!
- Nutrition Services will also accept checks. Please be sure your student's name and ID number are on the check.
- Students who purchase a lunch will choose their food and stop at the register for payment.
- They will use a pin pad to punch their ID number into the system.
- A screen on the monitor appears with the student's name and photo.
- The cashier will enter the items purchased and the student will be on his/her way.
- It would be very helpful for your student to learn his/her ID prior to the upcoming year.