Parents who wish to enroll their child at any Global Village Academy should do so by by submitting an Intent to Enroll form prior to or during the school's open enrollment period.
- A first language choice and second language choice must be indicated (i.e., Spanish, Mandarin, French. German, or Russian as specified by campus).
- Submitting an Intent to Enroll form DOES NOT GUARANTEE that your child will be invited to Enroll.
- Students with disabilities, "at risk" students, and gifted and talented students will be enrolled in the same manner as other students.
- All Intent to Enroll forms received prior to or during the open enrollment period will be assigned a wait list number.
- GVA will not discriminate against any student.
Open Enrollment Period:
- Open enrollment for each school year will end at midnight (MST) January 31.
- All Intent to Enroll forms received prior to that time will be considered for enrollment for the upcoming school year.
- Families that applied in a prior year but were not extended an invitation to enroll do not need to re-submit an Intent to Enroll form.
- The Open Enrollment Period shall be advertised and made public within the school community at least fourteen (14) days prior to completion of the open enrollment period, so as to provide equal opportunity to all interested students.
- Students may continue to be added to the wait list after January 31st.
Priority for Enrollment:
Priority for enrollment is given to the following classes of students; these classes are listed in order of priority:
- Children of staff members of GVA;
- Siblings of currently enrolled students at GVA.
- The combined total of these will comprise no more than 20% of total student enrollment.
Invitation to Enroll:
- If the number of Intent to Enroll forms received is less than or equal to the number of student spaces available for any grade, the school will extend an Invitation to Enroll to any child for whom a completed Intent to Enroll form was received by the school prior to the end of the open enrollment period.
- If the number of Intent to Enroll forms received is greater than the number of student spaces available for any grade, depending on campus policy, the school will either hold a lottery during the first week of February or call students in the order of wait list number to determine which child will be extended an Invitation to Enroll.
- An Invitation to Enroll will be extended to a child on or before February 15 of each academic year, for enrollment during the following academic year.
- Any Intent to Enroll forms received by the school prior to the close of the open enrollment period, and for whom an Invitation to Enroll was NOT extended will be held in an "enrollment pool" in the event of a vacancy after the lottery date and during the school year.
- Lottery selection will involve enrollment in a language village.
- Where possible, a student will be offered his or her first choice in a world language. If the language village in that grade is filled, a student will be offered his or her second language village choice.
- Upon receiving an Invitation to Enroll, the parent or legal guardian will be mailed a Registration Packet.
- The parent or legal guardian will have 10 calendar days from the mailing of the packet to fill out and submit back to the campus.
- A student who accepts enrollment will be deemed a currently enrolled student, and that student's enrollment will continue beyond the current academic year, in accordance with the school's policies and procedures.
- If the Registration Packet is not received by the campus within 10 days for any child to whom an Invitation to Enroll was extended, the school will assume the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of the child(ren) has declined to enroll the child(ren) in the school, and the school may then extend an Invitation to Enroll to another child, in accordance with the process(es) detailed in the Invitation to Enroll section of this document.
- If vacancies exist at the end of the initial Enrollment Period, Invitations to Enroll will be sent to students on the waiting list.
- This procedure will be continued until all vacancies are filled.
- When a vacancy is created during the school year, the vacancy may or may not be filled at the Principal's discretion, on behalf of the school. If the school chooses to fill the vacancy, priority will be given as specified in the Priority for Enrollment section of this policy.
- An Invitation to Enroll will be extended to a child in the manner described in the Invitation to Enroll section of this document.
- A student who fills a vacancy shall be deemed a currently enrolled student, and that student's enrollment shall continue beyond the current academic year, in accordance with the school's policies and procedures.
Modifications to this Policy:
- The Board of Trustees of GVA may amend this policy as necessary.
- Changes to this policy must be approved by a majority vote of the members of the Board.