The focus in Middle School Mathematics Global Village over three years is based on the Colorado Academic Standards for Mathematics. The four domains are 1. Number Sense, Properties, and Operations; 2. Patterns, Functions, and Algebraic Structures; 3. Data Analysis, Statistics, and Probability; and 4. Shape, Dimension, and Geometric Relationships. Global Village uses Singapore Math which is aligned with the Colorado Academic Standards for Mathematics. The mathematics focus by grade is as follows:
- Connecting ratio and rate to whole number multiplication and division and using concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems;
- Completing understanding of division of fractions and extending the notion of number to the system of rational numbers, which includes negative numbers;
- Writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations; and
- Developing understanding of statistical thinking.
- Developing understanding of and applying proportional relationships;
- Developing understanding of operations with rational numbers and working with expressions and linear equations;
- Solving problems involving scale drawings and informal geometric constructions, and working with two- and three-dimensional shapes to solve problems involving area, surface area, and volume; and
- Drawing inferences about populations based on samples.
- Formulating and reasoning about expressions and equations, including modeling an association in bivariate data with a linear equation, and solving linear equations and systems of linear equations;
- Grasping the concept of a function and using functions to describe quantitative relationships; and
- Analyzing two- and three-dimensional space and figures using distance, angle, similarity, and congruence, and understanding and applying the Pythagorean Theorem.