Unique Learning Environment
Global Village is a unique learning environment designed to ensure success for every student.
- We are large enough to offer an engaging experience, while small enough so that no student gets lost.
- We expect and support academic excellence through effective instruction, teaching study and test-taking skills, time management, individual goal setting by students, interventions, Project-Based Learning, our school counseling program, and other supports.
- We value diversity, and that is reflected in our student body and in our faculty.
- We understand the importance of technology, which is why every student is provided a laptop or a Chromebook.
- We support students in learning a second language. For students new to the Global Village system in Middle School, this will often be Spanish. For students who have attended a Global Village elementary school, they can continue with the world language that they have been taking, or change to a new world language.
- In addition to learning a second language, Global Village helps students develop cultural competence so that they can function effectively in diverse settings.
- Our use of Project-Based Learning is a proven way of engaging Middle School students in learning, while helping them develop authentic 21st century skills.
- Community connections, service learning, and travel programs are a way of bringing the world into the classroom.
- We encourage increasing autonomy in decision-making to help students make good choices as they imagine and shape their future.
- We create community among students, faculty, and parents knowing that it takes a village to support young people in this formative time of their lives.