I am a Colorado Springs native and love everything about this amazing community. I am deeply rooted and passionate about community improvement projects that help develop a happy, healthy and engaging community for children and their families in Colorado Springs. My family is from Columbia, and I am the first born American in our family. I will enjoy sharing many of our family’s cultures with the children at GVI-Preschool. I have two boys that are in scouts, hockey, baseball and volunteer for the city.
My experience includes:
- 7 years in teaching
- 19 years in early childhood education
- 10 years as an Early Childhood Educational Administration.
- I have ran nationally accredited schools that include: NAEYC, NAACRA (military) and Quali-Star. I am also a CDA Advisor for teachers looking for further qualifications.
- I most recently was a Community Health Educator for El Paso County Public Health Department in the Tobacco Education Prevention Partnerships.
- I lead the monthly adult Tobacco Coalition.
- I also recruited middle and high school students to be part of a citywide tobacco free project.
My educational background consists of:
- A degree in Early Childhood Education
- A degree in Organizational Communication with a minor in Leadership
- Master courses in the Teacher Education Program.
I serve as a:
- Project liaison for Leadership Pikes Peak
- Women’s Community Leadership Initiative (WCLI)
- Dream Centers of Colorado Springs
- Leadership team member for Joel’s home (serves young males that have aged out of foster home and are learning self sufficiency skills
- Mary’s home that serve homeless single mothers to get become educated and employed
- City of Colorado Springs
- Leadership Pikes Peak
- Pikes Peak International Auto Hill Climb
- Rocky Mountain Women’s Film Festival
- Care and Share
- District 20
- Boy Scouts