GVA-Aurora opens its doors to let students in at 7:30 am.
- GVA is not responsible/liable for students or any interactions between students before 7:30 am.
- If an incident takes place before 7:30 am, it will not be handled by GVA-Aurora.
- You drop off your child before 7:30 am at your own risk.
- It is not recommended to drop off before 7:30 am unless your child is enrolled in before care.
West Campus Students with Siblings at East Campus: 3:30-4:00 pm Dismissal
- East students will no longer walk to West campus. West campus students will walk down to East campus to be picked up with their younger sibling/s. A form is required to be completed and approved before students are allowed to take part in this pickup.
- Once the form has been completed, submitted, and approved, West students will walk down to East campus at 3:30 pm.
- East students waiting for their sibling/s, will wait with appointed staff.
- If you are an approved family for this pickup, please come no earlier than 3:35 pm. If you chose to come earlier, please park and wait before getting into the Loading Lane.
- On half days, please give your West campus children time to walk down to East Campus. Please get into the Loading Lane no earlier than 12:15. If you come earlier, and all your children are not at East yet, you may be asked to circle around.
- In the event of lightning, tornados, or other potentially fatal weather, no students or staff members will go outside until the weather passes.
- You may park and come inside to collect your child at your own risk.
- Dismissal still ends at 3:30. If the weather system is not over by then, you will have to come inside.
- Donations of hand and feet warmers are needed for our brave staff who are in the cold and rain during pick up and dismissal.
Fines for Late Pickup
- East Campus: Starting at 3:30 PM (12:30 on Half Days), parents will be fined $1.00 per minute, per child if you do not have a student from west campus. West Campus pick up time is no later than 4:00 PM (12:30 on Half Days). Parents will be fined $1.00 per minute, per child.
- Example: If you or your designated pickup person is 15 minutes late for your 2 children, you will be fined $30.00) You will be expected to pay at the front desk.
If you are interested in after-school daycare, please see Innovation Learning