We are encouraging all staff and students to get excited about doing their best on the assessments (Grades 3-7) or maintaining a good testing environment and encouraging others to do their best (Grades K-2).
What does CMAS stand for??
- Colorado Measures of Academic Success
What are Colorado Measures of Academic Success?
- The Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) are the state's common measurement of students' progress at the end of the school year in English language arts, math, science and social studies. Students in grades three through eight take the CMAS tests in math and English language arts. Students in fifth, eighth and 11th grade take the CMAS science assessments
When will students, families and educators receive the scores?
- Individual student scores for CMAS tests completed in April 2019 will be provided to all school districts in June 2019 and hard copy student performance reports will be delivered to school districts in July. School-, district and state-level scores will be released at the August meeting of the State Board of Education.
What is the testing schedule for GVA-DC?
What can parents do to help their student(s) do their best work on CMAS?
- Encourage students to take their time and put forth their best effort on every test.
- Ensure that students are getting plenty of rest every night.
- Provide a good healthy breakfast for students each morning.
- Make sure students are present and on time every day.
In addition to Dragon Hearts, all students will have the opportunity to earn Brag Tags over the next few weeks. Brag Tags will be awarded to students who are testing for taking their time and doing their best work on their assessments. Students who are NOT testing can earn Brag Tags for helping to maintain a good school-wide testing environment and encouraging others to do their best.
On Friday, April 26th at 2:30 pm, students will participate in the “End of CMAS Celebration”!! At the celebration, students will use their Brag Tags to participate in a variety of choice activities including ice cream sundae building, pie throwing (at teachers!!), dodgeball (student’s vs teachers), slime making, face painting water balloon toss, and much more!
Thank you for engaging all students in making the 2019 CMAS season the best one yet!!!