The GVA Dragon Fun Run is Here!
Tuesday, September 5th
Kick Off Day
Dragon Fun Run
Parents, if you did not receive a flyer in your students Red firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you one electronically.folder with Fun Run information, please reach out to Laura Widhalm at
- If you'd like to volunteer to help on please click here , the day of the Fun Run,
- Our school goal is to reach $40,000.00!!! Students are raising money for more playground equipment, classroom needs, and storage sheds for International Day supplies.
Here is the timeline of events and how this year's Fun Run will work.
Tuesday, September 5th - Fun Run Kick Off Day
Students will be reaching out to family and friends to collect online donations. We are not doing pledges as it becomes too confusing to collect the money after the event has ended.-
- Students will be receiving prizes when they hit certain goals.
- You'll be able to see information and pictures of each prize on the Fun Run website.
- We are also holding a raffle for students who start to reach higher goals.
- Some of the raffle prizes include a new bike, an Amazon Kindle, a Nintendo 3DS, just to name a few.
- On top of all of these fun items students can earn, we will be holding school wide celebrations when we reach combined school goals! For example if students reach their $20,000 goal, the whole school will receive a free popcorn party!
The day of the Fun Run!!! This is going to be a fantastic day! -
- Each student and teacher will receive a FREE Fun Run shirt!
- Students are broken up into three groups; Kindergarten; 1st & 2nd grade; 4th-6th grades.
- Students will run for a total of 30 minutes.
- There will be a water station for students when they need to take a break and a live DJ!
- Parents are encouraged to sign up to volunteer and to cheer on your students. Click here to sign up