DROP-OFF and PICK-UP
- GVA-DC's doors open at therefore, students should not be dropped-off prior to .
- After school, students should be picked up no later than .
- Students who are dropped off prior to or picked-up after will be dropped-off to the YMCA's before/after-school care program. The YMCA allows families 3 free visits prior to charging the $15 drop-in fee.
- In addition, from , the YMCA will waive the $35 registration fee for all GVA-DC parents. To waive the registration fee, parents are asked to complete a hard copy of the registration form and turn it into Stefanie Limas in the front office. Hard copies of the registration from can be printed off of the GVA website, will be in folders this week and are available in the front office. Further, representatives from the YMCA will be at Back-to-School Night on .
- To increase safety for our students and staff, we have moved drop-off and pick-up for our morning and afternoon programs to the rear of the building.
- This allows the YMCA and Encore staff to better monitor adults and students entering and exiting the building and eliminate the need to prop open the front doors.
- We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and commitment to the safety of our students and staff!!
- The school day begins at daily. Please do your best to have students at school on time. Students arriving after will be considered tardy.
- MAP or the Measure of Academic Progress assessment will be administered to students over the next two weeks. Students are encouraged to be in attendance every day.
- Make-up testing will be provided for students missing any of the testing sessions.
- Back-to-School Night is on from .
- The evening will be divided into 15 minute chunks, providing teachers time for brief presentations followed by time for questions. Families will have 5 minute between each presentation to transition to the next classroom.
- BTS is not a time for individual conferences regarding individual student concerns rather, it is a time to meet teachers, see classrooms and get an idea of students daily schedules. Parents desiring a personal meeting with teachers are asked to call/email teachers to set up an appointment outside of the regular school day.
The following booths will be available in the cafeteria: YMCA*, PIC, Uniform Vendor (*Sign-up with for the YMCA's before/after-school program and receive a free t-shirt in addition to waving the $35 registration fee!)
- Tuesday, September 5th
- Fun Run Kick-off
- School Accountability Committee (SAC) Meeting @ (Library)
- Back-to-School Night
- Coffee with the Principal (Cafeteria)
- Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) Meeting
- FUN RUN!!!!!
Principal, GVA Douglas County