YOU are the reason we do what we do!!!!
Thank you to all of our parents and members of the school community for your support of both our Bond and Mill Levy Override ballot initiatives. We are thrilled with the successful outcome and look forward to rewarding our outstanding teachers and staff with pay increases and utilizing Bond monies to increase the safety and security of our building!! THANK YOU VOTERS!!!!
International Day: Guatemala on November 15
Performance Times/Audience Members
- 8:45 am/Kindergarten, 1st, 4th 5th
- 10:00 am/2nd, 3rd, Middle School
- Performances will take place in the cafeteria.
- Free Dress Day for all students!
- 12:00 pm Release for all students! Innovation Learning will be available beginning at noon.
Parent Guests & Visitors
- Please sign in with the front office. International Day guests will receive a special visitor’s sticker!
Children are expected to go outside for recess. Recess provides a break in the day, informal/structured play, and a release of energy in a positive way. All recesses are formally supervised. Unless the temperature is less than 23 degrees (with wind-chill) and/or conditions of precipitation are present, students will be expected to go outdoors. For this reason, see that your child is adequately dressed for cold weather.Children should be equipped with winter shoes, coats, hats, mittens, or gloves. Clearly label all items brought to school with student’s first and last name.
Severe Weather Closures or Delays
GVA Douglas County will follow the Douglas County Public School’s severe weather schedule. Please watch or listen to your local news channels for updated information.
2019-20 Intent to Return Forms
Intent to Return forms were emailed to all current GVA-DC families on Friday, November 9th. Intent to Return forms declare your intention for the enrollment of your children for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
We are preparing to hold our enrollment lottery for next year on December 1st and prior to that event we wanted to give you the opportunity to let us know if:
- You intend to have your current GVA-DC student(s) continue
- If you have another child (sibling of current student) who you would like to enroll in GVA-DC for the 2019-2020 school year. Siblings will be given enrollment preference. Note: children entering Kindergarten must be aged 5 on or before October 1st 2019.
- If you have an incoming Kindergarten Student you must complete the Intent to Enroll form online for them if you have not already done so.
Please complete the Intent to Return form and return it via email to email@example.com or to the main office by Friday, November 30th.
Tuesday, November 13th
- 7th Grade Parent Meeting @ 5:00 pm in PE Room
Wednesday, November 14th
- Thanksgiving Feast for Students and Staff
- Board of Directors Meeting at 6:30 pm in Cafeteria
Thursday, November 15th
- International Day: Guatemala- 12:00 pm Release
Friday, November 16th
- No Students- Teacher Work Day
Monday, November 19th – Friday, November 23rd Thanksgiving Vacation!!!
Thank you again for partnering with us to provide the best educational experience for your child(ren.
Principal, GVA Douglas County