Parents have several opportunities to become involved in their local Academy. Each academy has local programs and parents are encouraged to contact their local school regarding specific options.
Parent participation opportunities generally include:
- Parent volunteer or PTO organizations
- School Accountability Committees
- On-site volunteering in classrooms or for special school-wide projects
- Volunteering for international events and student recruiting events
- Hosting family for foreign guest teachers from China or Spain, for weekends or extended times
- Participating in social media campaigns: Facebook, Twitter and newsletters to help "spread the word" about GVA